University Library is providing access to two Electronic Databases. These databases among others include JSTOR, Research4life etc. this provides access to electronic Journals.
JSTOR provide access to Journals in all subjects field while Research4life covers Law, Innovation and Technology, Agriculture and Environmental Science.
Besides the computers in the Computer Laboratory, the Library provides computer systems in the E-library for access to electronic resources. It is fully air-conditioned, with high speed internet connectivity. This enables users to have access to:
- Electronic Books and Journals.
- Other web-based literature.
- Online literature searches for projects and other related assignments.
- Opportunity for tele-conferencing and online discussion groups with colleagues in other University.
- Training for those desirous of learning computer operations.
The following manual catalogues can be found in the Catalogue Stand.
- The Author/Title Catalogue: These contain entries of all works available in the Library and are arranged alphabetically by author’s surname and by title.
- The Subject Catalogue: These give the subject entries and are arranged alphabetically.
- The Shelf List: This list provides records of all the holdings of a library collection according to how they are arranged on the shelves.
Serial Catalogue: This contains entries for all journals held in the Library. Arrangement of the entries is by alphabetical order, by title and in many cases by the name of the issuing association.
Our Mission, Vision and focus
To build, conserve and preserve diverse information resources to support teaching, learning and research. Also, to provide life-long learning skills to our users. The library’s aim is to provide good, aesthetic, user-friendly learning environment for all academic and research activities in the university.
To become a world-class and reference Resource Centre that will enhance teaching, learning and research that will promote raising a new generation of scholars.
- To provide knowledge for all services of humanity.
- To meet the best global practices in librarianship.
- To promote advancement of learning and quality teaching.
- To institutionalize quality research.
- To provide good automation of library materials.
- To foster good partnership with other libraries.
- To provide instructional materials and other facilities for the pursuit of learning in all the programmes offerred in the University.
There are about 20,000 copies of E-Books and E-journals in our E-Resources Portal and are still counting